Nanotechnology news and reviews

Nanotechnology, industry, science and nanotechnology, developments in Nanotechnology. Nanotechnology Answers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nice, France

Father, Dreamer, Worker, Warrior,Lover.........

Friday, February 11, 2005

Science of the small in Ireland

Well finally. I was beginning to wonder. The boys back home on the old sod have finally got it together and are building Irelands first purpose built research institute to advance the frontiers of the world of Nano. The Centre for Research on Adaptive Nanostructures & Nanodevices (CRANN which means tree if I remember my gaelic correctly) is based in Trinity College Dublin, is funded under Irelands CSET program. It is expected that strong links will be forged to other European researches as the EU continues to look for ways to stimulate, jobs, economy, and of course science.
Already a leader in Pharmaceuticals, and software, Irealand has been in need of some serious boost lately as certainly the software work is drying up. Perhaps this may help to boost the Celtic Tiger again but I fear when I look at the funding, and the fact that the facility is not yet built, that it is way too little too late. I hope not though. I would give you the link to the story, but the sound bite blurp of the Minister is so cheesy I thought I would spare you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home