Nanotechnology news and reviews

Nanotechnology, industry, science and nanotechnology, developments in Nanotechnology. Nanotechnology Answers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nice, France

Father, Dreamer, Worker, Warrior,Lover.........

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Whats happening in the Human world of Nano

One of the many things I have noticed lately scanning through all the news sites is that there seems to be a lot of very important people being appointed to very important positions in a lot of companies.
In the University of California the Riverside research facility has recently appointed one Robb Drury as executive director of advanced operations. What does this mean? Well the guy is a money raiser and if you want to know more about his appointment which is effective from January 3rd 2005 you can read about it here .
This appointment comes just after the same institution appointed one Marcia McQuern Appointed as their UCR Spokeswoman. This woman is a Former Editor and Publisher of The Press-Enterprise. They tell me she has been appointed to Oversee Campus Media Relations.

Meanwhile a particular law firm Sheppard Mullin has appointed a new guy, Jeff McKinney to deal with the notion of intellectual property in its San Francisco office. So what? I hear you say. Well this law firm employs over 400 lawyers and has offices in DC, New York and California so they are no small potatoes.
Ok so that’s only three appointments, a lawyer, a moneyman, and a PR agent. Now granted I may be adding two and two and getting anything but four, but it seems like the world of Nano is preparing itself slowly and surely, to take the world and perhaps the stock markets by storm. Given what I have already read, and I am sure in a few weeks time you will concur, there is definitely “gold in them thar hills”. Pity, wish I was in the situation to invest in one of two of these companies who persist in Dealing with the small stuff..

But it is not all. Yes there is more. Late in December of last year it was announced that the Acacia Research Corporation appointed one Dr Amit Kumar, CEO and President of CombiMatrix to the Board of the NanoBuisness Alliance. This is apparently the primary, or even premier, or how about number one association supporting the emerging nanotechnology field. Both organisations are pretty interesting so I have linked up to there websites just incase you want to learn more

I strongly suggest those of you who think many of the big companies in the world are getting too big and will break up in the future have a look at the NanoBuisnessAlliance. And anyone interested in how politics and business mix might like to know that one Newt Gingrich is heading it up along with venture capitalist Steve Jurveston of Draper Fisher Jurveston.

So let me make it clear if these are involved there must be billions floating around waiting to be made.

Well who are these companies and why would anyone want to invest? What’s it going to do for you and I? Well recently I read that traveni digital and mphase technologies have got together to enable mphase to sell a system that delivers Television down your phone line. So what? Well it basically means now that the individual customers “needs and requirements” will be catered to, faster, quicker, and more accurately than before. Whoopee for those of you who watch TV a lot and use phone lines for other things than talking. I haven’t quite figured out how Nano this technology is and I am sure I could if I spent time on either of the sites above. But its supposed to make the whole package cheaper too. I have promised myself to post up some of the latest developments in recent weeks and it may become more apparent to those of you who don't already know just how big this thing really is. But alas I am just the guide go have a look yourself if your interested.

I have promised myself to post up some of the latest developments in recent weeks and it may become more apparent to those of you who don't already know just how big this thing really is. Right oh. Back soon with more developments, mergers, breakthroughs and explanations. Wondering if you could make invisible paint with Nano technology?? I mean paint that makes things invisible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home