Nanotechnology news and reviews

Nanotechnology, industry, science and nanotechnology, developments in Nanotechnology. Nanotechnology Answers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nice, France

Father, Dreamer, Worker, Warrior,Lover.........

Friday, January 28, 2005

NANO BOMBS

From technology review comes the story of the Nano bomb.
As if there wasn't enough destructive power out there already. Well it seems that with funding from the U.S. government, Sandia National Laboratories, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory are trying to figure out how to manipulate the flow of energy within and between molecules, a field known as nanoenergentics. This would enable the building more lethal weapons such as "cave-buster bombs" that have several times the detonation force of conventional bombs such as the "daisy cutter" or MOAB (mother of all bombs).
No doubt it also means that once the "Boys in the Middle East" have finished, they will be sent somewhere else to get rid of all the outdated technology lying around the place. However if it means no need for an atomic or neuclear device then maybe its better, right? er nope.

The power of the weapons is increased by adding materials known as superthermites that combine nanometals such as nanoaluminum with metal oxides such as iron oxide. However this technology can also been used not just for warfare but under water explosives or for fuel in rockets. One other advantage is it seems to do away with the tons of lead been left lying around place after any engagement. While reading the story I had to say I found it bizzare that really what is been discussed and researched is faster ways of killing basically.
However instead of replacing what us common joe and janes know as neuclear weaponary in fact the just make them smaller, stronger, and a lot more dangerous if they fall into the wrong hands. I gotta say it even though people with dollars will make a ton of money out of this, its the side of Nano that I dont really like.

1 Comments:

Blogger JRae said...

Hey, saw your comment on my site about your "I'm so hungry.." sayings. Those are some good ones!! Not sure what I mean, but funny nonetheless.. ;)

You got some interesting stuff here. I love physics, I'm definitely going to have to review these articles carefully when I'm fresher and can wrap my brain around it better... what's I've seen so far is pretty cool! Except the bomb, but the only reason that's not cool is because it's scary. :)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home